Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Homemade CFSS - CFS Homestead, TX

Unable to find an appeasing CFSS for the past few months, I attempted to make my own at home. How hard could it be, right? A little tomato, mayo, mustard, avacado and a fried egg atop a crunchy CFS (frozen) should be an easy make.


Sadly, I failed (by my measure and as gingerly expressed to me by Mrs. CFS). The sandwich was overall too juicy, usually a plus, but the combination of ingredients just made muddle of the flavors. The bun (storebought) was soft and pliable but too big and soft. It needed more texture, perhaps a toasting.


The quest continues. Help me out, fair readers.

2 comments:

curiousgirl said...

you lost me at the egg, lol...the egg might have worked without the bread or, as you suggested, if the bread was toasted...
cg

Chicken Fried Texan said...

Totally. The egg was so enticing but so fraught with danger :)

 
Locations of visitors to this page